Sunday, 14 August 2011

Hello, my names is Denise and I am a notebook / diary addict.


 
A few weeks ago Sharon at Reinvention Diva kindly asked if she could interview me for her online magazine over a cuppa.  I never turn down the offer of a cup of tea!  Meeting Sharon her business partner was a joy, such interesting ladies both determined to make a positive difference in each of the lives they touch.  

Sharon is very kind, she says "What is wonderfully inspiring about Denise is that she is a mum, has a full time job and runs her business. She successfully manages her busy life and tells us how she does it."  What Sharon found out very quickly in the interview was that I wanted to marry LL Cool J and that I am a planner.  The business, work or a happy family life wouldn't happen if I didn't write everything down. 

Reflecting on the interview I can see that I am a goal setter and I try to make each step in working towards that goal SMART.  And that just thinking about the next step I need to achieve makes reaching the overall goal so much easier.  Being a bit emotional having a plan also really helps me stay on track and not get distracted!
  • S - Specific (or Significant).
  • M - Measurable (or Meaningful).
  • A - Attainable (or Action-Oriented).
  • R - Relevant (or Rewarding).
  • T - Time-bound (or Trackable).
Mind Tools has some great tips and ideas for making planning part of your everyday life. But of you're like me a monthly notebook allowance from Fresh n Funky at Wow Thank You would make my life complete!



Time for lunch xx

Denise.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment