Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Hello Lucky!



Today, I was a very lady!  After a little tweeter banter with the gorgeous letter press stationers Hello! Lucky I was invited along to the London office to have a chat with Iain and Hamad about the greeting card business!




As Hello! Lucky were a part of my inspiration for starting my own greeting card company this meeting was just a little bit special for me - so I baked a lemon drizzle cake to take along and fortunately the boys loved it!




Tucked away on the first floor of this impressive old tannery, Iain and Hamad run the European operations for Hello! Lucky who print their stylish stationery, the old fashioned way on a letter press, in San Francisco.  




I was delighted to see that Iain and Hamad are surrounded, literally by envelopes, of all colours and that their cards were neatly stacked up in THAT Swedish shops drawers! 




Over tea and cake we talked about trade shows, not being afraid to stay in your niche, envelope quality and the options I have for growing and developing my business.  I loved hearing about the creative and business drive of founders Eunice and Sabrina Moyle who started the business in a garage in 2003.  Eunice sent some samples to a store in New York, on a bit of a whim, and they placed an order and just like that Hello! Lucky was in business!  

Having the day job means I am not as immersed in the greeting card world as I would like to be so this opportunity to talk and learn from experts in their field who I have long admired was great.    

I'm inspired, I'm raring to go and I realise I know more than I thought I did!!


Till next time,


Denise


    












No comments:

Post a Comment