Monday, 12 March 2012

Since my copy of Handmade Hellos arrived I have been desperate to get crafting and design some stationery using paper, scissors and glue.



There is a project in the book that uses lined record records to make correspondence cards which really appealed to me so I popped along to Rymans on the way home from the day job last week to stock up on record cards in a selection of colours.  I spent this morning, a gorgeous sunny morning and my first day of annual leave, making myself a papercraft owl. 


When he was finished I scanned him, changed his eyes in Photoshop (they just didn't look right once printed) and printed him onto the 4 x 6 inch sized sheets.  

        

I really like that the lines on the card just show through the image, makes it really obvious the item is handmade.  As well as the blank cards, I thought the image would be nice to use for an invitation to a child's party or play-date so I printed some onto textured card.  Once I rounded off the corners, added the envelopes and tied them with the twine I thought all the cards looked really cute and best of all they are so easy to make. 


I have had so much fun making these little cards that I am going to make a few more in different designs and take them to the shop-ette this week.  I think they'll make a lovely gift for a charming child with delightful manners.

If you try making some similar I'd love to see your pictures, tweet me @ilovestrangefruit

Till then,

Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment