Monday, 10 February 2014

Tell me, how do you beat a motivational slump?

SAD; motivational slump; Cuba; Seasonal Affective Disorder;
I am not sure if it is all the rain, but I am in a total motivational slump at the moment and I really need to kick it. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day to get everything done and instead of working and taking forward all the projects that I have been really excited about I just want to book a flight to somewhere warm, Cuba would be good, and feel the sunshine on my back. 

Illustrator Kerne Erickson had the right idea







And to make it worse everyone I speak to seems to be feeling the same, do we need to find some way of hibernating in the modern world or is there a cure to beat a motivational slump? I am not sad (but maybe I have SAD) and nothing particularly is stressing me out, I just don't have the motivation to do what I need to do and then I feel bad about it and the cycle of not addressing the lack of motivation gets bigger, not smaller.

certainly hope this is true! 




You know how the rest goes and I am sure I am not alone, but tell me, how do you beat the motivational slump?



No comments:

Post a Comment