Sunday, 26 October 2014

What I want right now, an eternal wish list

Do you have things on your eternal wish list that you never get round to getting for yourself? 

There are two things I want, a bottle of Hermes Faburoug 24, there is a reason it is nearly £100 a bottle - it smells devine. I totally fell in love with this scent in Paris last year and now I go to department stores to get a little complementary spray during my lunch break. I loooove it but can never quite justify buying it when I look at the long list of DIY tasks we still need to complete.
The second item on my eternal wish list is a new drill. The husband has got a dodgy elbow which seems to play up when he uses a manual screwdriver and considering I brought my drill about 15 years ago when my daughter was 5 I think it's time for a new one.  This Bosch Uneo drill is exactly what me and the husband need, it's light, cordless and powerful enough for serious jobs like installing a new kitchen.  I think £140 is good value for money - especially if the drill lasts another 15 years. 



Maybe when I complete my 30 Day DIY Challenge, which I am starting on 1 November, I will have earned some treats. I have reached the point of not really being motivated to tackle any more decorating but I literally hate looking at what still needs doing even more. The solution is I am setting myself a #30DaysOfDIY challenge to power through a few of the smaller jobs like finishing the beading on the bathroom floor and sanding door frames - joy! I think setting a SMART goal is the only way to get stuff done some times.

SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound. 

Right then, going to Lisbon to drink coffee and NOT think about DIY, see you when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment