Monday, 16 March 2015

How do we stop working so hard?

I have realised that all I have done since going back to work after the Christmas break is work 10 hour days. 


This is great for my employer but not so good for me, mine and the other things I care about. I get home around 8.00 pm, just before the kid goes to bed and I am far to knackered to even think about DIY. Obviously this over working needs to to stop, my question is "how do we stop working so hard?"

Not getting the things on my plan crossed off is super stressful, I feel like I am totally wasting my time. I know I am not but that is how I feel. I am not unhappy, far from it but I am not focusing where I want to focus so from today I am reclaiming my life. I am checking my hours and aiming to cross one thing of my to do list in addition to the day jobs. I'd love to know how you manage 'work creep' and how you keep it in check.

This is pretty much how I feel, mind full.
There is a great 'Life Wheel' on the Work Life Balance Centre website, no surprises on my results, my life is unbalanced. I like the list of books here too; Your Pocket Life Coach looks like an oldie but a goodie.

Meanwhile I feel a little DIY will help de-stress me. 


The reassuring and calming sight of a colour chart, via Pinterest

Seriously, when did DIY become a relaxation activity?


1 comment:

  1. A little update.
    Doing more DIY and reading, not at the same time. Stress levels are reducing.

    ReplyDelete